Pages

Friday, February 26, 2010

Paper Fabric




Paper fabric is a combination of a fabric background on which pieces of paper are pasted with PVA glue. The fun is that before you start covering your fabric you can put threads or other flat items on the fabric and when you use thin paper layers you will see them through. I found a tutorial on internet some time ago, but now there is a great tutorial here:http://www.ihanna.nu/blog/. I made my paper fabric on a rather sturdy coton fabric, a leftover piece from a curtain. When the paper fabric was dry, I stencilled on it and added some stitching with my sewingmachine and some doodling with a marker. The feel is a bit leatherlike, I really love it and it stays very flexable. I got inspired to make a bookcover out of it, a bracelet and a corsage.

3 comments:

  1. These are beautiful. I'm going to go check out the tutorial. Looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like a really great project. I love the colours and all that you have made with the paper fabric. I really must give this a try.
    Thanks for popping by to see my xx and oo's. You have a great blog and I'll be back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love fabric paper!! it is wonderful for all kinds of projects!! love your colors and and the book cover especially!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails