Pages

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Grab a tissue Michelle Ward's Street Team




Another exciting challenge from the Street Team: grab a tissue. In dutch it is called vloepapier. I bought some white and I found in my stack of papers some pink and purple. Those last colours were very loud, a bit too loud for my taste, but I decided to use them anyway, because it is an experiment, right? I first gessoed the pages and the white tissue, after that I painted them with gesso. I stamped letters on my tissuepaper and stamped on my pages. Then began the layering. To give the pages some life, I added the picture and the stamp of a feather. The coloured tissuepaper was added without gessoing or painting it beforehand.
It is very good to participate in these challenges, because it gets you out of your comfortzone and it is inspiring to see what others did with the same challenge. If you like to participate go to: Michelle Ward. Even if you don't participate you'll find lots of fantastic technics and tips.

11 comments:

  1. Helen, I like the balance of color on these pages. And I really like how you can see through the colored tissue. Cool that you tried painting on the white too. Thanks for sharing with the team, and for your kind words about participating :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it! I love the stamping technique onto tissue paper! thanks for commenting on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These pages turned out so well ! I love the letters created from tissue paper, don't you ?
    Great job, Crusader !

    ReplyDelete
  4. really like your pages. Bravo for going out of your comfort zone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Helen,
    Working with the tissue paper was lots of fun, wasn't it? Yours turned out great!! I like the color choices and the stamping...it all works!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, Helen! You posted to my blog about the shabby fabric flower tutorial and asked a question, but did not leave an e-mail address, so I am answering here:

    "I adore those flowers. Thanks so much for your clear and inspirational tutorial. Do you use fabric glue? I think that is what it says on your bottle. Helen"

    I used Beacon's Fabric Tak. It is a fabric glue!
    Cheers,
    Roben-Marie

    ReplyDelete
  7. wonderful! i especially love the pink!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, just found your blog. LOVELY journaling!
    And I can never see too much purple. :

    Monica

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice. Very colorful and full of life. The feather is a nice addition.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the colors, they are unusual but in a good way!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great layouts! Using both white and coloured tissue has worked really well.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails