Pages

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Pulling Prints with Michelle Ward


Pulling prints with a stash of index cards (100 in a pack!) Not all of them works of art.


Surprising results with acetate forms, I think I will add some writing, they will make great postcards.




The challenge 39 'Pulling Prints' of the Street Team this time is about making prints with forms of tyvek on index cards with acrylic paint. This technique is called monoprint and each print is a unique one. The two below ones are indeed made with tyvek forms, but the tyvek came from an envelope and I found it too thin, so I made new forms with acetate. The two top ones are made with acetate, I think it went a lot better. I really made a lot of prints and most ones didn't come out rather well, but it is a real learning experience. You have to find out how wet the paint must be and how hard you must press. I did two sessions. I have a great stash of cards now I can use for collage or doodling.
If you want to check out this challenge and take part go to Michelle Ward.

10 comments:

  1. Wow! Helen, great stuff here! Love your colors, your shapes, your textures. Love that you tried it many times. Love that you learned some lessons here - like how much paint to use, and that you preferred acetate over tyvek. Thanks for sharing with the team!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful :-) I like to see the two versions and the colors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your colors! my fave is the sea shell (i'm sure i was a mermaid in a past life! LOL!)even though they don't all turn out to be works of art in themselves, they make great background for other things--saw a transfer technique using elmers caulk that would be a great next play step for some of your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are cool, what a great idea to use index cards for these prints. These would make cool greeting cards or thank you notes... Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you had fun with this. I've got a stash of papers also perfect for doodling or collage.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh how fun, beautiful, and all your colors (a girl after my own heart)...just love these!! you asked on my blog (thank you) were my transfers color copies? i'm not real clear about the question, erin...the pieces i put under the paint for collage WERE copies i cut out from my printer? hope that was what you were after?
    0h...and i took a quick look around here, your work is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. so sorry helen, i called you erin. happy monday to you, HELEN!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nicely done, you had some great results. I really liked your fabric flowers too. That's something I've been wanting to try.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love these effects you got! Some of mine seemed really simple, but I can really appreciate the textures. Pretty colors, too! You have such a variety of shapes. I hope you get to use a lot of them in future works.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I tried some waxed paper & had minimal results. Then I used stencil plastic masks and they worked great. You have some sweet prints.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails