Pages

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Step on the scale




The new challenge of the GPP Street Team is going from large to small or vice versa. An easy challenge according to Michelle Ward, but this month things were complicated, first my computer stopped working all together (that's repaired now!), then my husband had a small accident and we had a lot of birthdays in the family. But I like to try to reach the 40 posts with all our other enthousiastic team members. I am cheating though: the books I show here were made before and not this month. The big one is a sorcerer's book with a magic wand (I made several of these and I will show them in a later post), the smaller ones are all try-outs and models I made some time ago. I prefer to work small, partly because my workspace is very small and secondly because I don't have the tools to bind big books. The sorcerer's book is a open binding and you don't need a lot of space for that.
So and now I am going to see what the others have done so far!!
Go and see for yourself: here

8 comments:

  1. WOW! I love all of your books and how you have made so many different sizes. Thank you for visiting my blog and for your comment, I use a regular hole-punch for the holes, using the factory made sheets as a guide and although it's a little tricky to attach the spiral, it comes with practice and is not too hard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Helen - so sorry about the troubles you've had this month. It's almost over....bring on June! Glad you have your computer back to life, especially so you could play along with us this month! It does not matter when you made these books - the point is you've shared your many sizes, and they all look so cool. So many adorable little ones - what a great collection! That book of spells really stands out. I want to look inside all of them. Thanks for coming to play!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa !! What a great try on each and every size of the journal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a gorgeous range of books and so many different sizes. Thanks so much for sharing your work and I hope that June is a better month for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely collection of books - just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it is good to bring out some of the things we have made before. Love all the books.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Helen ,

    Aha ... you cheated :)
    Nice to see all your little handmade books. I love to make books myself, followed three years of bookbinding and I love the small size too.
    It's a lot easier to display them in my glasscabinet with handmade books when they are small !

    I see you learned different bookbinding techniques too : fun, fun, fun !

    greetings from Belgium
    Inge

    ReplyDelete
  8. You really do work in a variety of sizes, good on you. Hope you are having a better month and your husband is safe and sound.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails