Pages

Monday, June 21, 2010

Grid lock, working on your page with a grid

The new challenge of Michelle Ward's Street Team is using a grid on your page. I decided to look for scraps with the color green. I also cut out some parts of my prints from the challenge Pulling Prints. If you like to check out the grid lock challenge go to Michelle Ward's Street Team.
Above you see the final result, where I added some text.

First I made the grid on the empty pages. The book I made the grid in is my paper bag book, I think I will use it to experiment with grids and use a different color for every spread. A grid is very nice to work with, because you can first lay everything out and see if you like it.


The grid is drawn on the page. Under you see the paper pieces before I pasted them on my page. I added some handcarved stamps








Here the pieces are pasted in the grid, I added a piece of red with a little tatting ornament just for fun.





17 comments:

  1. Helen - greeat pages in your paper bag book! Love that you used a color them for your cuttings, AND tht you used some of your prints from the earlier crusade. Looks fabulous. I appreciate that you took pictures to show us the process too. Can't wait to see your other colors now :) Thanks for sharing with the team!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really nice work! I absolutely LOVE green and of course I love hand-carved stamps, too! Thank you for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your grids. The greens are so pretty. And I love the paper your pages are made from!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pages full of interest. Luv the lace embellishment & the hidden journalling.

    daisy xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love paper bags! Your grids are great... I love the peacock feather the most. Happy creations from tj in germany

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a lovely spread. I love the little bit of red through the sea of green.
    Cheers,
    Sophie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing "how" you made your pages - i like that part just as much as seeing the end result.

    Loving the peacock feather.....
    MB

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh those greens are wonderful and the handcarved stamps really show the hand of the artist. Thanks for sharing your work with everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wasn't this a fun challenge? I like my page more and more. I really like your green one. I want to try one like that, with all one color.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You made some awesome grids! I like it that you used cards you painted in a previous crusade. This is the first crusade I'm taking part in and I'm discovering tons of "new" blogs that I like :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your grids are fabulous!! I love them all but the green one stole my heart. Thank you for your comment, I am way behind in my blogging this week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the combination color, shape, words in the grid. And the paper bag journals are awesome too! Mona

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful pages and thanks for the 'how-to'. Always fun to read how people create their art !

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your pages and the way you used a paper bag as a base. Beautiful papers. Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very cool grid! Love all the organic colors and textures...lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the idea of using brown paper bag as the journal page ! Cool !!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails