Pages

Thursday, September 16, 2010

In a Scrape

Had trouble making some time for the latest challenge of Michelle Ward's Street Team, called In a scrape. But I am glad I managed and it was fun to do. You have to make a page in your journal with acrylique paint just using a credit card.
I really must try it again, for the layers do look very different from using a brush, sponge or whatever.

I did the following:
1. A thin layer of bright red that I sprayed with some water (the effect was lost in the next layer).
2. After drying I put a pink layer on top.
3. Then I put a lot of black on top (that really spoilt the first two layers!!)
4. I think I rescued my pages by using a mask with a very light pink color.
If you want to give it a try just follow the link and go for it.

Het kostte me moeite even tijd te maken voor de nieuwe uitdaging van Michelle Ward's Street Team: In a Scrape. Je moet een pagina maken met acrylverf en daarbij een creditcard gebruiken. Ik ga het na deze eerste poging nog eens proberen, want het effect is heel anders dan met een kwast of spons.

Ik ging als volgt te werk:
1.Een dunne laag helder rood met wat water erover gesprayed (dat effect ging verloren bij de volgende laag.
2.Na drogen ging er een roze laag overheen.
3.Daarna gebruikte ik veel te veel zwart naar mijn idee en verpestte het.
4.Ik redde de boel enigzins door zachtroze te gebruiken en een sjabloon.
Als je het ook eens wil uitproberen hierboven staat de link.

18 comments:

  1. Helen - great pages! Love the boldness. Love that you tried the mask. The last layer really tones it down - but you can still see all the great texture. Thanks for sharing with the team!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erg mooi ! Als je denkt dat je het verpest hebt, laag eroverheen en als dat nodig is nog een ;-) Dat vind ik het leuke van deze techniek, je kunt gewoon doorgaan tot je ineens denkt wow, heb ik dat gemaakt ? :-) In ieder geval is je eindresultaat echt leuk geworden !

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's cool that you were bold enough to try adding the black on top of the red. Many people are afraid to use black, but it is this contrast that brings everything else out, I think. Love your end result!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure you had fun scraping these pages....they're lovely Helen...

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are stunning... I love the boldness too.

    The colours and texture are fab!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you can see all the layers you have applied, Helen. It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The final pages look so rich, isn't it interesting how even if the bottom layers are covered up they still add to the final effect?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Helen! I think it turned out great...it's all about experimenting with the layers and colors and seeing what happens. Very cool page, I can see the colors overlapping!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! I think it was the mask that "saved" or made the page, the flowers looks so interesting. Well done Helen!

    ReplyDelete
  10. wonderful, helen! i love the shape you used too!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the masks, and the semi-transparent top layer. Beautiful! -Kim

    ReplyDelete
  12. The masking turned out great - i love seeing previous layers peeking out and around. And you are brave to mix pink, red and black! Pink gets used very little in my work. Great page!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this! I like the peek-a-boo effect - funky! =)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a fun technique. You have worked in a lot of great layers.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Helen, I love your page! Your masks make a very bold statement and so do the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cool scraping! Those look like 4-leaf clovers to me? The perfect symbol for a Michelle Ward project. Happy creations from germany, tj

    ReplyDelete
  17. Helen, this is fantastic - so bold and vibrant and such great texture!

    ReplyDelete
  18. The masked areas really pop against the background. Super.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails