Pages

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Back to back: crusade 45


Michelle Wards Crusade 45 Back to back is about using the background you made earlier. To try some things out it is handy to make a couple of color copies and work on them. I took the background I made for Crusade 44. I decided to make a transfer with a black and white photocopy. Transfers are very difficult for me, I used nail polish remover on the back of the photocopy, but the colors of my background colorcopy came off! The end result was not too bad though, it is the face on the left page. I made the other transfers in the only way I know how: with transparent tape.
I might add some writing to the pages later. If you want to join the crusades, the link is here.

Michelle Wards Crusade 45 Back to back gaat over het gebruiken van een eerder gemaakte achtergrond. Om het een en ander uit te proberen is het handig een paar kleurkopieen te maken en daar op te werken. Ik heb de achtergrond gebruikt van crusade 44. Ik wilde een transfer maken met een zwartwit kopie, maar ik heb altijd problemen met transfers. Ik gebruikte nagellakremover en de kleuren van mijn achtergrond lieten los! Het eindresultaat valt mee: het is het gezicht op de linkerpagina. Voor de andere transfers heb ik doorzichtige tape en zwart/wit kopieen gebruikt. Dat gaat gelukkig altijd goed. Ik denk erover om nog wat te schrijven op de pagina's.
Als je mee wilt doen, de link is hier.

12 comments:

  1. Helen, I love that you used the mask/stencil set on the page after using it them for the last crusade. How interesting that you decided on making a transfer, but since the background was a copy it worked in reverse. I bet the paper remnant was cool looking, even if it wasn't what you were going for.
    The packing tape transfer adds dimension and and another surface - nice! Thanks for sharing your work with the team.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it´s great to enlarge to see the details... love that b/w/red coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pages, and I think the transfer really works. So creative!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great stencil/masking effect! Also I love the rich, murky colors, so unique and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great looking pages, I like the techniques you used.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cool idea! I'll have to try that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely spread... I also find it difficult to do transfers...sometimes I don't bother because all the time it takes hehe... I love the contrast in your spread - the text pages and then the super rich background :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great shapes. Love the use of text sheets; I have been doing that a lot lately. I like the transfer too (I avoid those!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that you used 4-leaf clovers, they always make me think of Michelle! Happy creations from germany, tj

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have never done a transfer - I love the way yours turned out so much, I'm going to have to try that! Love the blend of colors on your background and the 4-leaf clover design. Very nice!
    Cindi

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the page. I tried nail polish remover transfer and acetone and they failed. Don't know why. I had success with other methods like packing tape, acrylic skins etc. Yours looks cool though.

    ReplyDelete
  12. These have so much depth, like they have lost of half-hidden layers. Awesome!
    Hope librarianship is going well in your world; wee're busy doing a review of our services to plan for the next 5 to 10 years. Help! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails