Pages

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Wrapping it all up from Christmas!

Don't we all save all those beautiful papers we get to use them sometime in the future? Well I do, just until I have so many that I don't know where to turn and with sadness in my heart I have to throw some out. The new challenge of Michelle Ward, called 'It's a wrap' has a good idea to at least deal with some of them. You have to make some journal pages out of them. I went through all the cards and papers from last Christmas and just chose the ones that have a special meaning for me. From the Christmas cards I made black and white photocopies, for I found them to stiff to paste into my journal. The last thing I added was my tatted Christmas star.
It felt very good to have made a memory spread of Christmas 2010 and get it all out of the way.

Bewaren we niet allemaal al die mooie kerstpapiertjes en kerstkaarten om ze in de toekomst te gaan gebruiken? Nou ik wel, tot ik omkom in de papiertjes etc. en ik ze tot mijn grote spijt wel moet wegdoen. De nieuwe challenge van Michelle Ward 'It's a wrap' heeft een goed idee om dit probleem althans voor een deel op te lossen. Je maakt er pagina's mee in je dagboek. Ik heb de papiertjes en kaarten genomen die een speciale betekenis voor me hebben. Van de kaarten heb ik zwartwit kopieen gemaakt, anders werd het te dik. Tot slot heb ik de frivolité ster erbij geplakt.
Het gaf een goed gevoel een herinnering aan Kerst 2010 te hebben gemaakt en de rest kan nu de deur uit.
Above you see the first layer, just some papers I pasted on the page.

Hierboven zie je de eerste laag op de pagina geplakt.

Here I added some doodling and text and some color on the black and white photocopies. And a text transfer with transparant tape. The stitching is not real, I did it with a fineliner.

Ik voegde een paar doodles toe, wat tekst en kleur op de zwart/wit kopieen. En een tekstje met een transfer met doorzichtig plakband. Het stiksel is niet echt, maar getekend met een fineliner.

13 comments:

  1. Helen - fabulous spread! Love to hear that it was satisfying to document the holiday in your journal. Terrific idea to take a copy of the cards so they insert easier! I love all the little details you added in - they really make the pages interesting. The tatted snowflake is an awesome element, and so you! Thanks for sharing with the team!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pages are beautiful, Helen. I love the details, and the touches of colour against the monochrome. Now you have a record of special memories!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful. So different from the papers that I have, I feel as if I was visiting Europe. Just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that's a lovely spread you made. a great memorabilia for years to come.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ik zit te werken aan miij pagina maar het zal nooit zo mooi worden! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely page! I really like the stamped items and the snowflake. It was a good idea to make copies of the cards aswell...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your tatted star immediately grabbed me! What a good idea to photocopy the cards. Great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the fullness of your pages and especially your star!

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Helen,

    What a beautiful pages!
    I like the images you used, snowflake and stitching, which adds some texture.

    ReplyDelete
  10. the tatted star is just the perfect topper! i also really like the circular elements you added on the left page...very nice!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great layouts.. a good way to get Christmas out of the way.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a lovely collection of your images. I have a problem getting rid of the ephemera too. I think it is just the connection to all the wonderful memories... best wishes from germany, tj

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails