Pages

Friday, April 22, 2011

Shuttle tatted rosette. Rosette met spoeltjes in frivolité



This little rose motif is such fun to tat. I did it before and always with shuttles, I wonder how it will turn out with a needle. With shuttles it becomes very neat and flat and I like that. I think there are a lot of variations possible, especially when you make the picots on the first ring larger. You start with a ring with picots, after closing the ring you have to make a false or mock picot. That sounds complicated but I found a handy tutorial on Sharon's blog. Have a look! The pattern comes from Jon's Tatting patterns. I used the rose before in a necklace in combinations with needle pieces. See the photograph.

Dit roosmotief is erg leuk om te maken in frivolité. Ik heb het al eerder gemaakt en altijd heb ik spoeltjes gebruikt. Ik vraag me af hoe het wordt als je een naald gebruikt. Met spoeltjes wordt het heel netjes en plat. Er kunnen veel variaties met dit motief worden gemaakt, als je bijv. de picots van de eerste ring groter maakt. Je begint met een ring met picots, nadat de ring is gesloten maak je valse of 'mock' picot. Dat klinkt ingewikkelder dan het is, ik vond een goede uitleg op Sharons blog. Ga daar even kijken. Het patroon komt van Jon's Tatting patterns. Ik heb dit roosje eerder gebruikt in een halsketting gecombineerd met naaldfrivolité. Zie de foto.

2 comments:

  1. Ohhhhhh... Wouw! This is gorgeous, as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the tip/comment on my blog. I'll definitely try it out this summer.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails