Pages

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Art journaling links and new art journal page. Nieuwe pagina in mijn art journal

This is the most recent art journal spread I created. Further down I give you some links on art journaling that I find very helpful and inspiring.

Dit zijn de laatste pagina's in mijn art journal. In deze post vind je een aantal links over art journaling waar ik veel aan heb gehad en die me nog altijd inspireren.
The finished page (for now!)
I started with a layer of gesso, then I stencilled a thin layer of lime green acrylic, on this layer I stamped with turquoise acrylic, using bubble wrap and corrugated cardboard.
Pasted some black and white photocopies, a stamp and an image of the 'girl with pearl earring' on the page and 2 clear tape transfers with text. Layered it alle with tissue paper that I painted beforehand.
Some letter stamps and more stencilling with white acryl paint.

Working in my art journal is very liberating. Because it is a book, I don't feel I am making a piece of art. It is all about experimenting and playing with different types of materials. It is being a kid again and never caring about the outcome, but just enjoying the process. And once in a while a page turns out really well and you say wow, did I make that? You can always return to a page that you don't like and start over by giving it a new layer of gesso or acrylic paint. I love to browse the internet and look for art journal pages. Sometimes you come upon real gems. I think that is one of the positive sides of the worldwide web, you can see work of people you otherwise would never have seen. Whenever I am blocked and don't know what to work on I visit blogs of very creative people and they always give me the spark to try again.
There are so many creative people out there I cannot name them all. I just give you some links I visit over and over again, because they never stop to inspire and surprise me.
Well here we go:

Art journal links:

Tracy Bautista. I know her from the book Collage Unleashed and that book was such a revelation to me. If you can only buy one book, I would say buy this one. Here site is very inspiring, I recommand to go through her archives, you'll find lots of beautiful work.

iHanna. In this blog you find all sorts of different techniques and articles. Really worth browsing through and coming back to.

Balzer Designs. For those who want to start with an art journal a real must. Lots of techniques and examples.

GPP Street Team. Michelle Wards challenges are a great way to get started. And if you are not sure about what to write on your page this is the place to be. Have a look at older challenges as well, you'll really get inpired and the links to all the people who did them are also a good resource.

Daisy Yellow. Lots of tutorials and links. A real fun blog, always gives you a happy feeling.

Dblogala. Art journaling in combination with doodling. Have a look at the links and you'll find so many more creative places.

Hub Bub. Diana trouts blog. I bought her book Journal Spilling and that shows art journaling is for everybody, she invites us to make a mess! Her blog gives additional techniques and ideas.

Papieren avonturen. Lots of techniques and there is some bookbinding also. Dutch blog. but with a translation in english.

Met je art journal bezig zijn is zo heerlijk bevrijdend, omdat het een boek is, heb je nooit het gevoel ik zit een kunstwerk te maken, je kan zo een bladzij omslaan en iets nieuws beginnen. Het gaat om het experiment met steeds andere materialen. Zoals bij een kind gaat het om het proces en niet om het resultaat. Dat neemt niet weg, dat je af en toe jezelf verrast en je denkt,wow heb ik dat gemaakt? Een pagina die niet geslaagd is kun je altijd een nieuw leven geven door er gesso op te smeren of acrylverf. Het internet is een oneindige bron voor art journals en soms vind je echt juweeltjes en vraag je je af: hoe hebben ze dat gedaan? Dat vind ik echt een van de postieve kanten van internet: dat je kennis kunt nemen van wat anderen maken. Als je een keer geen inspiratie hebt is het een goed idee bij anderen te kijken en voor je het weet ben je weer bezig.
Hierboven vind je een lijstje met blogs die ik regelmatig bezoek. Er staan veel technieken op en sommige zijn heel geschikt voor hen die willen beginnen met een art journal. Vergeet ook niet de links te bekijken die zij bij hun favorieten hebben staan.

2 comments:

  1. lime! This is so fresh! Like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wat is tissue-paper?
    Is dat patroonpapier? Maar dat is niet zo doorschijnend...
    Ik ben bang dat ik nog heel wat vragen heb over art-journaling (als je het niet erg vind).
    Groetjes, Tjits

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails