Pages

Friday, May 20, 2011

New journal spread in my art journal with spray paint

Bought myself a can with black spraypaint. Oops that goes fast! I first gessoed the pages, because the paper of this dummy isn't the best quality and otherwise the paint seeps through to the next page and we don't want that to happen. The labels I made on my sewing machine and pasted them in later, for it is almost impossible to lay a book under the needle. The Victorian lady is clear tape transfer. From an envelope (I used the inside for the labels) I took the window and put a feather in.

Ik heb een bus met zwarte spraypaint gekocht. Moeilijk in bedwang te houden! Eerst de pagina's van gesso voorzien, anders loopt de verf door. Deze dummy is niet van de allerbeste kwaliteit. De labeltjes heb ik op de naaimache gemaakt en ze daarna ingeplakt. Een boek onder de naaimachine is vrijwel onmogelijk. De victoriaanse dame is een transfer met doorzichtig plakband. Van de binnenkant van de envelop waarmee ik ook de labels heb gemaakt heb ik het venster gebruikt om de veer achter te steken.
After the layer of gesso, I gave the page some relief by pressing plastic embroidery maze in the wet gesso. I think you can see it a bit. With neocolor II added some color after the gesso was dry.

Na de laag gesso er relief in aangebracht met plastic borduurstramien. Als je goed kijkt kun je dat misschien zien. Met Neocolor II kleur aangebracht, nadat de gesso droog was.
In a carton box I sprayed with some stencils, I didn't find it easy to stay in control as you well can see. But what the hack, I am going to add another layer.

In een kartonnen doos gesprayed over stencils, ik vind het lastig de verf te doseren, zoals je ook wel kunt zien. Maar wat geeft het, er komt toch nog een laag overheen.
Just pasted some bookpages and tissue paper on the spread and my sprayed images are a lot less dominant.

Een paar bladzijden uit een boek en wat tissue papier er op geplakt en de vormen van de stencils zijn een hoop afgezwakt.

1 comment:

  1. Helen - I'm getting caught up looking at all your new journal pages. Some terrific work here! Love that you tried spray paint! Wasn't it fun? Such a quick way to get cool stuff on the page. Great looking stuff!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails