Pages

Saturday, September 10, 2016

Practising with mediterranean knotted lace. Oefenen met kant uit het middellandse zeegebied.

Some samples I made last week, with help of the descriptions in the book

Mediterranean knotted lace has many names (armenian lace, oya etc.), I am happy I found the book shown below. It gives answers to a lot of my questions about this not so easy technique, for example how to add a new thread and how to finish the loose ends (you don't, you just cut them off!!)
As the book recommends you have to practice, practice and practice. And that is what I try to do. I see some improvement, but it is still not to my liking. So I have to persevere.

Kant afkomstig uit de landen rond de middellandse zee staat bekend onder vele namen (armeens kant, oya etc.), gelukkig heb ik nu een boek gevonden dat de techniek behoorlijk uitlegt. Eindelijk vind ik het antwoord op mijn vele vragen, bijv. hoe je een draad aanhecht en hoe je de draad afhecht (niet dus, je knipt hem gewoon af!) Het boek zegt dat je moet oefenen, oefenen en nog eens oefenen. En dat doe ik dus maar. Ik zie verbetering, maar ben nog lang niet tevreden. Stug volhouden dus.

The book can be ordered from Amazon (and Bol.com for the Netherlands)

4 comments:

  1. You are good at this, I struggled with it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in awe. I have the same book, but I could not master the lace. Yours is so much better!
    Linda R.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails